Thursday, September 23, 2010

Biscuits and Gravy

My favorite breakfast meal I like to make would have to be Biscuits and Gravy. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I had the chance. My dad taught me how to make the best biscuits and gravy in the world and I plan to pass the secret on to my son when I have one.

This meal is also a good meal to make in a small apartment. I made it a couple days ago. I had a couple friends over and a small batch was enough for four guys. When everyone was done there was only a small amount of dishes to do so I was happy that I didn't have to spend the time doing dishes on my Sunday off. One of my friends was worried that my recipe wasn't going to be as good as his moms. When he finished mine he told me it was a close tie so I got an approval from him.

Here's a quick and easy recipe of some great biscuits and gravy:

Biscuits:
2 1/4 cups of Original Bisquick mix
2/3 cup of milk

Heat oven to 450 degrees. Stir ingredients until soft dough forms. Drop biscuits do not knead dough. Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.

While the biscuits are in the oven brown one pound of bulk sausage. Once the sausage is browned take it out and put it into a bowl to keep it warm. After that pour about a quarter gallon of milk into the pan that you browned the meat in. After adding the milk add about one cup of flour into the milk. Keep stirring the gravy until it gets thick. This will take approximately fifteen minutes. After the gravy is thick add the sausage back to the gravy and stir evenly.

When all this is done the biscuits should be done and ready to eat. When everything is done crumble two biscuits onto a plate and pours gravy on top of the biscuits and enjoy. You might want to add salt and pepper to get more flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment