Monday, September 20, 2010

WAFFLES!!!

What is a waffle? Dictionary.com defines a waffle as a crisp raised cake with a pattern of deep indentations on each side, formed by the gridlike design on each of the two hinged parts of the metal appliance (waffle iron) in which the cake is baked.

Today I'm going to talk about waffles. Why? Because I like waffles. In fact, I love waffles! They are probably my favorite food and the world's greatest food invention. I love them soo much that I eat one for brunch every Sunday. I'm not talkin' about those stupid little frozen Eggo waffles. I'm talkin' about REAL HOMEMADE WITH A WAFFLE IRON waffles! The kind that taste so good that you eat them too fast and then wanna puke! They're just so warm and delicious! And the smell! I LOVE IT!!!

Ya know what else I like about waffles?!? You can put all kinds of crap in em and on em! You could make them with blueberries or nuts. You could put peanut butter on them. Or fruit preserves. They even complement fried chicken! Who doesn't love fried chicken? My personal favorite is the chocolate chip waffle (smothered in butter and syrup of course). Which brings me to my next point. Butter.

When preparing your waffle to be eaten, USE REAL BUTTER! Forget about that fake I Can't Believe It's Not Butter crap! Of course it's not butter! Butter tastes soo much better than that! (say that five times fast) If you're gonna eat a waffle, do it right!

So there ya have it, my rant about waffles and why they are the world's greatest food EVER!

I hope I have inspired you to go eat a waffle. And just in case you need a waffle recipe, here's the one that I use:

  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted, or vegetable oil (I like to use vegetable oil.)
  • 1 and 3/4 cups milk
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs with hand beater until fluffy: beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth. Pour batter from cup or pitcher onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake until steaming stops, about 5 minutes. Remove waffle carefully.

PS - Here is a slightly inappropriate video dedicated to waffles. (You know they must be amazing if they have their own video...)

Waffles

Word of the day: spatula

No comments:

Post a Comment