Friday, December 10, 2010

drinks

In my previous posts, I was talking about food all the time, now I want to write something about drinks.

My favorite drinks are juices, not cola, not coffee, not alcohol. When I eat in the university dinning court, usually I choose from only two options-apple juice and grape juice. Occasionally I may get a cup of milk if the juices are not available. In China, the juices are not real juices because producers put many additives in the juices. My mum never allows me to drink juices with food colors. As a result, sweet tea is my first choice in China. There is a great variety of sweet teas. Tea with milk is especially popular in China.

I really like Sprite and Coca Cola Cherry, but I seldom drink them for health sake. Drinking too much carbonated beverages will cause fatness and osteoporosis, and is also harmful to teeth. Coffee is a good stuff for me when I have to stay up late to work on papers before due date.

It seems alcohol is what American teenagers long for but can't obtain legally. I heard about some college students who are below 21 drink alcohol on the sneak. Personally I have no special interest in alcohol and never drink in America. Chinese government and schools have no prohibition of drinking alcohol for all ages. That means I can drink alcohol publicly since I was born. I did drink alcohol in China, about five times a year, and I never got drunk. I remember the first time I drank was in primary school. Almost every time I drank alcohol was in public occasions like family party or classmates' reunion. My father is a doctor. He suggested me drinking a small cup of wine everyday because it's good for health and blood vessels. I don't do that since I don't like the flavor of wine. Most Chinese teenagers are the same as me. A normal student will not buy alcohol from a shop, unless soft drinks are sold out. On the contrary, lots of men who are above 30 drink alcohols every day, and often get drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment