Friday, December 3, 2010

Gingerbread Houses


I’ve always wanted to make a gingerbread house. Then I did…and it was an epic fail.

We used one of those kits which was probably our first mistake. I would’ve liked to make one from scratch but it seemed like too much work.

The main problem with the store bought one was that the pasty icing stuff wasn’t sticky enough. First, we stuck all the walls together and started sticking candy to them. That went well.

When we went to put the roof on…it slid off, knocked over the walls, and candy started falling off. We tried to get that thing to stay together for over an hour and finally gave up. Like I said, EPIC FAIL!

Needless to say, I will never buy another gingerbread house kit as long as I live. I will however decorate a gingerbread house in the presence of an expert who does all the prep work for me (aka the baking of the walls and roof and the making of the pasty icing stuff).

No comments:

Post a Comment