Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My First Cheese Ball

Around this time every year, my dad buys a cheese ball from a guy at work who sells them for a church fundraiser. Since I only eat them once a year, I always forget how good they are. Soo…This year for Thanksgiving I decided to make my own cheese ball.

I looked online for a recipe for almost an hour and couldn’t find one that sounded good, so I decided to take ideas from a couple different recipes and make my own. It was really easy and fairly quick to make.

Here’s the recipe I came up with:

2 – 2oz. pkgs. chipped beef
2 – 8oz. pkgs. cream cheese
1 tsp. Lawry’s seasoned salt
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
green onions (as much as you want)
walnuts

1. Set out cream cheese to soften.
2. Chop the chipped beef, green onions, and walnuts into small pieces while you wait.
3. Mix the cream cheese, Lawry’s seasoned salt, and Worcestershire sauce with a mixer.
4. Stir in the chipped beef and green onions.
5. Refrigerate until it’s hard enough to form into a ball.
6. Coat the ball with walnuts and refrigerate.
7. Serve with your favorite crackers and enjoy!

Everyone at Thanksgiving loved my cheese ball and I was really happy with how it turned out! I am definitely making another one for Christmas!

(Sorry my picture is a little blurry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment