Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tortilla Chips

So towards the beginning of the school year, I was in a friend’s room and she offered me some chips and salsa. I asked her what kind of salsa it was, because it was the most delicious salsa I have ever tasted, and she told me that her mom made it. Soo…for my birthday, her mom made me a jar. (Thank you Mrs. D! That was very nice of you!)

I didn’t have any chips so I went and bought some. I never realized how many different kinds of tortilla chips there are. I ended up getting Tostitos scoops with a hint of jalapeno because I love jalapeno and had never tried them.


Oh. My. Gosh. These are by far the most tasty tortilla chips I’ve ever eaten! They are delicious and the jalapeno flavor is perfect! They are so good that you can eat them plain and not feel like you’re missing something (aka the salsa)!

I am not a huge fan of the scoops though. They seem to be more brittle than other tortilla chips and they weren’t actually all that easy to scoop. I’d much rather have normal triangle shaped ones or round ones. I also kind of like the dipping strips which I didn’t know they had until recently.

Unfortunately, I think they only have the jalapeno ones in scoops (which is disappointing)…but they’re so tasty, I don’t even care. I’ll still buy them!

I also recently tried the Tostitos with a hint of lime. EW! They were disgusting! The tangy lime taste was way too weird to be in my tortilla chips and the salsa didn’t really hide the flavor.

So if you like jalapeno, I suggest trying the Tostitos with a hint of jalapeno next time you need tortilla chips. You won’t be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment