Sunday, November 14, 2010

Breakfast Burritos

Almost every Sunday after church during the summer my dad would make his famous breakfast burritos for breakfast. They are one of my favorite breakfast foods I have ever had. He makes them so well and with ease. The cool part about the burritos is that my dad never writes down his recipe it’s all in his head. I have learned the recipe for the most part from just watching him make them time and time again. This is a fast and fairly simple meal and doesn’t require much clean up.

Here’s the recipe that I follow when I make the burritos:

· 1 pound of sausage

· 8 large eggs

· ½ tomatoe diced

· ½ green pepper diced

· 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

· 4 jalapeƱo diced finely

First brown the sausage and add the eggs in after the sausage is browned. Once the eggs and sausage are done cooking add everything else in at the same time. Cook on medium heat for about ten minutes allowing all the flavors to mix and the cheese to melt. After everything is mixed and cooked thourghly take a warm tortilla and enjoy the breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment