Sunday, November 28, 2010

Twice Baked Potatoes


This year Thanksgiving was a great time. I had way too much food but it was way worth it. We had everything you can think of ham, turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, rolls, pumpkin pie, apple pie, and pecan pie. The whole day I was eating. But I’m not going to talk about my Thanksgiving traditions because I already have. I’m going to talk about what my family likes to make with the leftovers.

We like to have just regular leftovers the day after because we don’t want to make anything new. But the next night we usually have twice baked potatoes. I really like them because they are something different that I don’t get to have very often.

Here is a quick and easy recipe for twice baked potatoes:

· 6 large potatoes

· 2 cups of ham (diced)

· 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

First put the potatoes in the oven at 350 degrees and bake them for 30 minutes or until soft. Next take the potatoes out and take the insides out and make mashed potatoes. Remember to keep the shell from the actual potato you’ll need it later. After you are done making the mashed potatoes mix in the ham and cheese. Once everything is evenly mixed takes the potato shells and fill them with the mashed potato mixture and add some cheese to the top of the potato. Then stick the potatoes back in the oven at 350 degrees and bake the potatoes until the cheese on top is melted. After all this enjoy a great meal that doesn’t involve much clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment