Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pudding

Yesterday my roommate and I had an in depth conversation about pudding. It all started with a care package from her mom. She opened it up and it was full of snacks and winter accessories (scarf, hat, gloves, etc.). Among all of this was pudding. Cinnamon roll pudding. It’s new.

She tried it and didn’t like it, so I tried it. It smelled exactly like a cinnamon roll. It did not taste exactly like a cinnamon roll though. It wasn’t bad, but I would never buy it. I can’t really describe what it tasted like. I mean it kind of tasted like a cinnamon roll, but the texture of the pudding made it weird. (That probably makes no sense. It really is hard to describe. If you like pudding, you should try it, but I personally don’t think it’s that great and would much rather have chocolate or chocolate swirl flavored.)

As we were discussing the oddness of the cinnamon roll pudding, my roommate mentioned that her family didn’t usually buy the prepackaged pudding. They usually buy the instant pudding. I said that I hated that stuff because it gets a weird rubbery layer on the top. She disagreed with me and asked how we made ours. I told her we made it on the stove and she told me that all you had to do was whisk in milk and put it in the fridge. We argued about what the directions on the box say for a while then googled it. It turns out that they have instant pudding, which is what her family buys, and cook and serve, which is what my family buys.

<- instant





cook and serve ----->


Although I’ve never had the instant pudding, I am going to recommend it because of the fact that the cook and serve gets the weird rubbery layer. Unless you just want to buy the prepackaged pudding which is a heck of a lot easier anyway. Next time I want to buy make-it-yourself pudding, I’m definitely getting the instant kind.

Word of the Day: pistachio

No comments:

Post a Comment