Wednesday, November 3, 2010

M&M's

M&M’s are the perfect thing to eat if you are craving chocolate. They are little so you can just pop them in your mouth and they don’t even melt in your hands (that’s what they say but after a while the color stains your skin).



A brief history: M&M’s were invented in 1941. They were made to be sent to soldiers serving in WWII. In 1954, they came up with the slogan “melts in your mouth, not in your hands” and the first M&M’s characters were introduced. Colored M&M’s came out in 1960. In 1982, the first M&M’s were taken into space. In 1996, you were first able to mix your own bag of M&M’s of all colors. In 2004, you could first customize your M&M’s to say whatever you wanted.

There are lots of different kinds of M&M’s. There are the original plain M&M’s, peanut M&M’s, peanut butter M&M’s, the new pretzel M&M’s, dark chocolate M&M’s, almond M&M’s, M&M minis, and they used to have crispy M&M’s. There are even premium M&M’s like Chocolate Trio and Mint Thrills. I have never had the premium M&M’s but I’ve always wanted to try them, especially the mint ones because I love mint and chocolate together.

I like pretty much like all M&M’s but the plain ones are definitely my favorite. The crispy ones used to be my favorite before they stopped making them. They came out in 1999 and slowly disappeared through the years. (I personally think we should start a campaign to bring them back.)

As far as the customized M&M’s go, I’ve never done it but I’ve always wanted to. My friend already told me she’s getting me some for my birthday. I’m not sure what they’re going to say.

That same friend also told me that she went to a store in New York called M&M's World. She said that they have all kinds of M&M merchandise and every color M&M you could ever think of. There is also one in Las Vegas and Orlando.


Word of the Day: crispy (in memory of crispy M&M’s)

No comments:

Post a Comment