Thursday, November 11, 2010

Cheesecake


Since starting college, I’ve eaten a lot more cheesecake than I used to. I used to only get cheesecake when my grandma made it for Thanksgiving and Christmas and once a year during marching band season in high school. (We used to sell cheesecakes as a fundraiser.) Now I eat it about once a week.

Here at the dining courts, they have a variety of cheesecake. Sometimes they just have plain cheesecake that you can put strawberries, cherries, or caramel topping on. Other times, they have flavored cheesecake like pumpkin cheesecake.

Although this cheesecake is good, no cheesecake is as good as my grandma’s. I don’t know why, but food that my grandma makes always tastes better than everyone else’s food. Unfortunately, she is getting older and gets tired easily, so she stopped making it and just sticks to pies for dessert.

Surprisingly enough, Fazoli's actually has pretty good cheesecake. They have several different kinds. My favorite is the chocolate cheesecake with chocolate chips. The turtle is also good.

Now that I eat cheesecake more often, I have come to appreciate it more and would consider it to be one of my new favorite desserts!

Word of the Day: gouda

No comments:

Post a Comment