Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving but because most of my family lives so far away and can’t take off work on Friday, we are celebrating it on Saturday. So now my plans for Thursday consist of getting up early and looking for my sister in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and watching the dog show that always follows.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because 1) I get to eat and 2) I get to see my family.

We always have Thanksgiving at my grandma’s house. She is the greatest cook I know. Everything she makes is delicious! My mom can make one of my grandma's recipes and do everything exactly how she does it but it still tastes better when grandma makes it.

My favorite thing that my grandma makes for Thanksgiving is her candied sweet potatoes. They are amazing! I could eat like 5 pounds of them! Me and one of my aunts always fight over who is going to sit in front of the bowl of sweet potatoes. I usually win but my grandma is getting smarter and she now makes two bowls.

We usually eat Thanksgiving lunch and then just hang out the rest of the day snacking on leftovers sporadically. One of our family’s favorite things to do is play Aggravation. I usually play with my dad, sister, cousin, and some of my uncles.

Aggravation is kind of like Trouble but with marbles and dice. (They have a new version of it now but my family has the really old original version.) I know it sounds kind of lame but we have a lot of fun and the games get really intense. They take hours to play because every two seconds someone gets bumped back to home.

I love Thanksgiving and I can’t wait for Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment