Sunday, November 21, 2010

Consistency



Penn Station East Cost Subs is one of my favorite places to eat, but last time I went there, I was thoroughly disappointed. I always order the chicken teriyaki kids meal because it is delicious and is the perfect amount of food for me…but last time it wasn’t.

My sandwich was about 3 inches long and was mostly bread. There was hardly any chicken on there! AND I barely got any fries.

But I wasn’t the only one who got ripped off. My dad ordered an 8 inch sub and my boyfriend ordered a 10 inch sub. They were the same size! And again, my dad’s barely had anything on it. My mom and dad ordered the same size french fries. My mom got a ton and my dad barely got any! The whole meal pissed me off.

So…

I wrote them an email describing what happened and saying that I was thoroughly disappointed, and all they said back was something to the effect of: We’re sorry for your experience at this one particular location and we want you to know that this is quite out of the ordinary because we have set sizes for things and the branch managers know this.

I didn’t even get a free meal! I will never go back to that particular Penn Station ever again.

And last time I went to Taco Bell

My boyfriend ordered the XXL Chalupa. I had never seen one before and was curious as to exactly how massive they really are. He opened it up and it just looked like a regular chalupa to me. He was mad that this one was so small, but we had already driven away and there was nothing we could do about it.

I don’t know what can be done to work on consistency of portions, but SOMETHING needs to be done. It’s not cool going to a restaurant one time and having a filling meal, then going to that same restaurant another time and still being hungry afterwards.

This post was not meant to make people stop eating at these particular restaurants; I just wanted to get my point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment