Sunday, October 10, 2010

Apple Orchard Adventure

My boyfriend and I went to the orchard yesterday afternoon. It was so crowded! I have never seen it that busy before! It was a really nice day though. It was a little hot at first, but there was a nice breeze.

First, we got some concessions. I got a cider slushy and a caramel apple (of course) and my boyfriend got a cider slushy and an elephant ear. The slushies were excellent as always! I could drink them all day! The elephant ear was really good too. I'm not sure I've ever had an elephant ear from the orchard before, but I will definitely get one again!

As for my caramel apple, I was a little disappointed. I got a plain caramel apple like I always do, but I wish I would have gotten one with nuts. The caramel was good, but the apple was a little softer than I like them. It still had a good flavor, but the nuts would have given it even more flavor.

After eating, we walked through the apple trees. I guess it's kind of late in the season, because there weren't very many apples on the trees. I was really disappointed about that. I wanted to take some pictures of the apples, red and green, but the only kind that I saw on the trees (there were tons on the ground) were golden delicious (which are green). They tasted pretty good though.


Then we picked our pumpkins. I picked a nice 12.5 pound pumpkin and my boyfriend got a 9.5 pound pumpkin. They are perfect. No lumps, dents, or anything. We haven't carved them yet, but we plan on doing that later today. I'm excited to carve my first pumpkin that's not just a jack-o-lantern face! I hope it turns out alright (I'll post pictures)!

Overall, I had a really good time at the orchard and I can't wait to go back!



P.S. - I took all of the pictures in this post. I forgot to take a pic of our food though.

Word of the Day: marzipan

No comments:

Post a Comment