Sunday, October 10, 2010

BBQ Cheeseburger

This is a very good cheeseburger. It has won many prizes and been on the news several times. I would have to say this cheeseburger is one of my favorite summer time/cookout meals. It is great with potatoes chips and Cole Slaw. Every time I have this cheeseburger I struggle eating the whole thing because of its size.
BBQ Cheddar Cheeseburger

• 2 cups of cheddar cheese
• 1 lb of bacon
• 2 lbs of hamburger
• Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce

Oriental Cole Slaw
• 2 16oz bags of slaw mix
• 1 bunch of green onions
• ¾ to 1 cup of sunflower seeds
• 2 packages of romain oriental noodles (crunched up)
• ¾ cup broiled almonds

For the dressing you want to wait until you are ready to eat before you add it to the Cole Slaw mix.
• Seasoning packages from the noodles
• ½ cup of sugar
• ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
• ¾ cup of vegetable oil

For the cheeseburgers to prepare them you want to fry the bacon. While the bacon is frying make 12 good size patties from the ground beef that you have. When the bacon is done frying crumble it up and put it in a blow mixed with the cheddar cheese. When the cheese and bacon are thoroughly mixed in the bowl take two of the patties and set a ball of the cheese and bacon mix in the center of one of the patties and then put the other patty on top of the one with the ball in the middle and compress hard until both patties become one. Once you are done with all the patties it’s time to put them on the grill.

When the grill is nice and hot put the patties on the grill on low heat flipping them every once and awhile so they won’t burn. While the patties are grilling start sautéing and onion. Also when the patties are grilling and the onions are sautéing start putting the Cole Slaw together but waiting to put the dressing on until you are ready to eat.

When the burgers are done here’s how I like to put my burger together. I like to toast my bun in the toaster until it is golden brown and just right then I take the Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce and pour it on top of the burger. Once I have done that I have the onions on top of the BBQ sauce and then I am done. Some people like to put the Cole Slaw on the burger but I personally think that is gross. Now all that is left is to enjoy a great dinner with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment