Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Pumpkin

So I carved my pumpkin Sunday and it turned out great! I made a couple of tiny errors (which I am not going to point out) but for the most part, it's perfect!

Here's how it went down:

We started by cutting the tops off of our pumpkins. Always cut them at an angle so that they don't sink in when the pumpkin starts to shrivel up.



Then my boyfriend pulled out all of the insides and I picked out the seeds. Pumpkin guts were everywhere! It was soo messy and it felt soo gross but it was a lot of fun. By the way, if anyone knows a good recipe for toasting pumpkin seeds, let me know because my mom needs one.


Then we picked what we were going to carve into our pumpkins. I picked the Ghostbusters symbol, my boyfriend picked Frankenstein, and my sister and her boyfriend just did a jack-o-lantern face (which even though it was boring and unoriginal, it still turned out cute).

My sister and her boyfriend got their pumpkin done in no time, but mine and my boyfriend's took quite a bit longer. I can't even remember how long they took. Nevertheless, he finished his about 20 minutes before me.

When we were done, we lit candles and put them inside the pumpkins. Mine was soo cool! I am soo happy with how it turned out! (I forgot to take a picture of my boyfriend's before he took it home. His was good too but one of Frankenstein's eyes was collapsing.)


Next year, I will definitely try to do another awesome pumpkin. I want to do a Nightmare Before Christmas one. I might even buy a pumpkin carving kit because I only had a big knife and a medium knife which made carving the small parts difficult.

Note: If you want your pumpkin to last for Halloween, wait to carve it a couple days before hand. The Frankenstein pumpkin lasted about two days.

Word of the Day: tapioca

No comments:

Post a Comment