Sunday, October 24, 2010

Seasonings


I believe the most important part to grilling is the way you season the meat. It all comes down to the way the meal tastes after you are done grilling. Yeah anyone can grill something without burning it but, that doesn't mean that it will taste the best. The key is having the right amount of seasoning on the meat.

I will not go to a restaurant and order a steak because the restaurants don't always season the steak the just throw it on the grill. Yeah the grill it well but they can't season it well. The only steak I will eat is when I grill it myself or when I know who is grilling and they know what they are doing. I have gone to many Steakhouses and passed on getting a steak for this reason example the Beef House in Covington, IN. Great restaurant but they cannot grill. This place has many great cuts of meat but since they only put a pinch of seasoning on the meat it isn't worth anything.

When I am preparing steaks to grill them. I set them out in a line on wax paper. I then take McCormick Steak Rub and sprinkle the rub on the steaks. I then take garlic salt, salt, pepper, and onion powder and sprinkle them on the steaks as well. After all the seasonings are applied to the steaks I rub them in. I do this on both sides. Be careful not to add too much of the season salts but, if you don't add enough it will not taste very good.

After the steaks are done on one side I take the McCormick's steak rub And sprinkle a little more on the side that is already done to add to the flavor that it might have lost while it was cooking. When the steaks are done sit down and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment