Monday, October 18, 2010

Breadsticks and Other Delicious Breads

Earlier today I ate at Hotbox Pizza. Hotbox has some of the most delicious breadsticks that I've ever eaten. They are slightly salty because they have more garlic on them than most breadsticks and they are perfect! They are the perfect doughiness and the cheese sauce is amazing! Hotbox also has really good marinara sauce which says a lot because I don't usually like marinara. Their garlic sauce however is a little weak.

Another restaurant that has good breadsticks is Olive Garden. Their breadsticks aren't as doughy or garlic-y as Hotbox's, but they are still tasty. They are the kind of breadsticks that are good without sauce. Fazoli's also has good breadsticks. They're doughy too...and really greasy.

Texas Roadhouse has delicious rolls and sweet butter, but O'Charleys rolls and butter (on the right) might be just a little better. They seem a bit doughier and the butter seems a bit sweeter. Whenever I go to O'Charleys, I only order a bowl of cheesy potato soup 1) because it is delicious 2) because I want something small to eat with my rolls and 3) because it compliments the rolls. I have a friend who used to work there and she told me that each roll was like 700 calories! And that doesn't even include the butter! And I like a LOT of butter on my rolls! I don't know if I believe her though. (She was way off, I just looked it up and its says that they are only 162 calories a roll.)

Red Lobster has really good cheddar biscuits. I don't go to Red Lobster a lot though because I hate seafood. I know that they have other things like chicken or pasta, but I can't stand to sit in a restaurant that smells like fish. It makes my chicken taste fishy.

Before my grandma got too old, she used to make homemade yeast rolls for Thanksgiving and Christmas. They were delicious. Now, my uncle bakes fresh homemade bread. It is really doughy too. (If you haven't noticed, I'm a sucker for doughy breads.)

My favorite kind of loaf bread from the store is potato bread. I like the texture (and doughiness) that it has with all the seeds and whatever else is in it. I also like Hawaiian bread (because it's sweet) and pita bread.

Word of the Day: doughy

No comments:

Post a Comment