Sunday, October 3, 2010


My favorite thing to make with my dad on the grill is pork roast. It is a tradition that we go out on the porch and grill it together. It all started back when I was in the fifth grade when he asked me if i wanted to help make dinner with him. He then taught me all the secrets to grilling how grilling everything slow on low heat is the right way to do it.

Then, he showed me the secrets to seasonings and what goes good with things and what doesn't. I helped him that night and the roast that we made was the best roast that we have ever made. We can never duplicate it because whenever wrote down the recipe and can't remember it.

The key to grilling the roast is the seasonings because you want to keep all the flavorings inside to make it nice and juicy when it comes off the grill. You also want to make sure that you grill it nice and slow and if you have a rack that sits higher than right above the flame put it on there so it doesn't burn. All this will take approximately one and a half hours. Yes it's a long time to wait but it's worth it because it is a really good meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment