Monday, October 4, 2010


Mutton shashlik was once my favorite food when I was young, but since my mother forbid me from eating roast food for health sake, I never eat mutton shashlik publicly at home. Instead, I often buy it from the vendors after school and finish eating before I arrive home.

Mutton shashlik comes from Xinjiang, a place where some minorities of China live. Mutton is the most common food there, and their special cooking made Mutton shashlik outstanding among all the shashliks. I don't like big roast nuggets because the seasonings cannot get into the massive meat. Therefore shashlik is the best way for me to enjoy roast meat. The mutton is cut into small parts which taste more delicious than a whole nugget.

I have eaten mutton in several different ways like boiling and steaming, but no way could get rid of the nasty smell of mutton better than roast. So if there is a big piece of lamb in front of me, I prefer roast it, especially by shashlik.
Cumin is an essential component of Mutton shashlik. I didn't know this unique seasoning until the first time that I tried mutton shashlik. That is really a flavor of nature.

I hope my mother won't see this post, otherwise I should be constrained by her diet more strictly.

No comments:

Post a Comment