Sunday, October 17, 2010

Deer Chili


I asked one of my friends what his favorite dinner was and he said that his favorite meal when it is really cold out is to have his moms deer chili. He likes to sit and watch football while having a bowl of the chili. With this meal he likes to have two slices of garlic bread. If that's all he could eat ever my friend said he'd enjoy every bowl of the chili. This year he said he can't wait for deer season to come around so he can get the first deer so he can have his first bowl of chili for the year.


I don't have his moms recipe for the chili but I found this one that sounds just as good.

  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 1/2 pounds venison, cut into cubes
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
This chili take 30 minutes fir prep time and 4 hours to cook.

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook venison, onion and garlic in oil until meat is browned. Transfer to a slow cooker and stir together with chiles, beans, broth oregano, cumin, salt and paprika. Cook on medium 4 to 5 hours.


What I like to do with my chili I like to add shredded cheddar cheese to the top and acouple drops of hot sauce to enhance the flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment