Sunday, October 17, 2010

Instant Noodle

Today I went to a Japanese shop and bought a bundle of instant noodle. I like eating instant noodle at night when I have to stay up watching a live soccer match or doing homework. It would make me really hungry to stay awake at two o'clock in the morning. Instant noodle is a more convenient way to satisfy my stomach than cooking food. That's way instant noodle is an essential supply in my house.

Instant noodle is adored by Asians, but not popular in American. So I have to explain a bit more. As its name suggests, instant noodle is a kind of fast food that resembles normal noodle pretty much but more convenient in cooking. After being dunked in hot water for only 5 minutes, a bowl of delicious noodle can be eaten. Instant noodle sold in supermarket is stiff and dried noodle block which has been boiled and fried. Along with the noodle block, there is a small sauce pack and a dehydrated vegetables and meat pack. The small packs matter a lot in the quality of instant noodle. Due to different packs, there are various flavors of instant noodle. Most frequent ones are spicy, sea food and braised beef flavor.

According to a Japanese survey, instant noodle is recognized as the most important invention of Japan in the last century. It is obvious to see how popular the instant noodle is in Japan.

Nowadays, many people boycott instant noodle because it is a fried fast food. As a result, non-fried instant noodle has been developed. Non-fried instant noodle is healthier but more expensive.

Some people are so busy that they eat instant noodle as meals every day. It can really save them a lot of time compared by cooking or going eating outside. However, instant noodle does not contain enough nutrition to support daily life. It can just be treated as snacks that can solve hunger when you are not willing to cook.

I don't eat it every day. I only eat it when I miss its palatable taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment